Sunday, June 3, 2007

Q 2. Fehrenheit 451

2*What is the mood of this novel? Do you find this novel saddens you in any way? Why?
The mood of this story is very dark and gloomy. Without many conversations, same life with same things makes the mood very dark. Instead of free lives, people just drive very fast, watch television for a whole day, and listen to the radio on “Seashell Radio” sets attached to their ear. This image of people without happy face created mood of seriousness and sadness. The mood in the story is enough depressed to make me sad. As I read the book, I feel like I am not different from those people. I have the same life with same days in pattern, and that life is depressing me without purpose. In addition to this, everyone in the world seems to be living without purpose and happiness like in the setting of the novel. Author wrote a novel in the setting of future, but actually I feel like author just criticized us about our living in this society so I felt really sad and gloomy with mood of the story.

No comments: