Tuesday, February 13, 2007

entry 8

*Entry of My Choice

The world is going crazy, far away from the innocent, but closer to evilness. This is what I felt while I read the story. The characters’ reactants and thoughts are very interesting to me because it was realistic and true to me. As the story went on, the conflict was built up and there was a change of character’s personalities. Kids were getting more cruel and brutal. Two kids got killed and other kids tried to kill another kid too. To make reflection, the kids in the island are same the whole people in the society of the world. People got more evil only for their desire of power and authority and they led themselves and lead themselves and will lead themselves into the hell. By reading the story, I felt a lot of things about the society and the community. I will always think about this novel and the message I got. Because I will be also involved in that society in one day, I will remember these things. To be not like the kids in the novel, I will think about the innocence of me to keep.

4 comments:

Joan Kim said...

I agree that the world is going crazy, too. It seems people are becoming to lost their humanism. As you said, kids in this novel represent our society. They are described evil, and brutal. But what I think about the message of the novel is even though we live in a world of chaos, we have hopes for each day. It's like all human have both evil and good side.

Eric Bae said...

I agree with you that the world is going far away from the innocence, while the evil is dwelling in this world. Even people around me, I find them more evil than innocent (not you, though). Unfortunately, like what the book says about people, I think that is the way the world is. It is easy for us to create more evil in this world, but not really easy to try to create innocence in this world. Despite these facts, I think we should try to be nice(?).

Apple said...

joan// thank you for your comment, and I like your saying " we live in a world of chaos,"

E.B//haha thank you for saying (not you) at the end of the sentence. I like your last sentence that can conclude a good theme to us.

African Globe Trotters. said...

Excellent comments and a very good post! Mrs.Mc.