Monday, January 22, 2007

entry 5

* what is the mood of this novel? do you find this novel saddens you in any way? why?

The mood of this story was really spooky to me. It seemed to be really silly story and ironic because it was the story about little kids isolated in the island, but that made me more horrified. Because they were the kids, their behaviors seemed to be more realistic and scary to me. It was impossible for me to imagine what these kids were going to do. The killing and fighting were very disgusting and it made the mood recognizably serious.
In the story, I could find saddens for people who do not adapt in the society very well. There was a character called Piggy, and he was ignored by people and killed at the last part. Piggy was the most kind and most intelligent, but he was bullied by the only reason that he was fat and not good athletic. This piggy character saddened me very much because it was the reality in the world and there are so many people like piggy there who are ignored. Not even that, the reality of this story for fighting each other for their benefits and power made me really sick. The desire of power is everywhere in the world; stronger one eats the weaker one. Even the kids in this story fights cruelly and this reflects the world in the same way. As I read this book, I concerned why people have to do this kind of thing for their benefits which call only the bloody sufferings.

3 comments:

HYUNBAE CHANG said...

hey erick. you are the only one who read lord of the flies in this class. i agree with your think, because i felt same thing with you. main characters are kids. that makes me more shoking. if main characters are all grown ups, then shoking would be softer.

Apple said...

hyunbae// yea, i'm the only one who read Lord of the Flies in my English class haha. And your shoking and feelings are exactly same as mine

African Globe Trotters. said...

You have written an excellent post. Mrs.Mc.